This tutorial is about adding Netezza (a data warehouse appliance) ODBC based data source in IBM Unica Campaign. So that you can import tables from data warehouse to Unica and perform operations.
We will install Netezza client on the machine where we are running IBM Unica Campaign. And will configure ODBC on this machine.
Installing Netezza client
1. Extract nz-aixclient-v6.0.5.p7.tar somewhare in your directory
2. Run unpack script and install Netezza client on /usr/local/nz
Installing ODBC Data Direct
This application will help to test our connectivity with Netezza using above installed client. For IBM Unica Campaign, we will add odbc.so file in our LIBPATH.
1. Extract datadirect.package.tar to /opt/
2. It will be extracted as /opt/odbc64v51
If it does not exist in your envoirnment, create it.
1. Create a file with name odbc.ini
2. Add following entry of your Netezza server
[NZSQL] Driver = /usr/local/nz/lib64/libnzodbc.so Description = NetezzaSQL ODBC Servername = Port = 5480 Database = Username = Password = ReadOnly = false ShowSystemTables = false LegacySQLTables = false LoginTimeout = 0 QueryTimeout = 0 DateFormat = 1 NumericAsChar = false SQLBitOneZero = false StripCRLF = false CancelAsFreeSmt = false CommLog = false Ksqo = false Lie = false Optimizer = false Parse = false PreFetch = 256 Protocol = 7.0 Socket = 16384 DateFormat = 1 TranslationDLL = TranslationName = TranslationOption =
3. You will add this file name with path in ODBC environment variable in next step
4. Make sure you have libnzodbc.so in /usr/local/nz/lib64 (if you don’t have, get it from here)
Setting environment variables
To run Netezza client you have to set following environment variables. I have set these variables in /etc/profile because I want them for root user.
ODBCINI=/u01/CONFIG/odbc.ini NZ_ODBC_INI_PATH=/u01/CONFIG NETEZZA=/usr/local/nz LIBPATH=$NETEZZA/lib64:$NETEZZA/lib PATH=$PATH:$NETEZZA/bin64:$NETEZZA/bin LANG=en_US export ODBCINI export NETEZZA export NZ_ODBC_INI_PATH export PATH export LANG
Testing connectivity with Netezza
1. Navigate to /opt/odbc64v51/example
2. Run example script
3. It will ask data source, username and password
4. Give those values to verify if you have successfully setup every thing
Important: Must read Netezza ODBC JDBC Configuration Guide for more understanding.
Add Netezza environment variables in setenv.sh for Unica listener
1. Add following environment variables in setenv.sh present in /u01/IBM/Unica/Campaign/bin
NETEZZA=/usr/local/nz export NETEZZA NZ_ODBC_INI_PATH=/u01/CONFIG export NZ_ODBC_INI_PATH ODBCINI=/u01/CONFIG/odbc.ini export ODBCINI
2. Update LIBPATH in setenv.sh and it will look like this:
3. Commit your changes and restart Unica listener
Import Netezza data source template in IBM Unica Campaign
Since you have set up the Netezza client. Now you have to add it as a data source in IBM Unica Campaign. For that first, you have to import Netezza data source template in IBM Unica Campaign.
1. Navigate to /u01/IBM/Unica/Platform/tools/bin
2. Run following command
./configTool.sh -i -p "Affinium|Campaign|partitions|partition1|dataSources" -f /u01/IBM/Unica/Campaign/conf/NetezzaTemplate.xml
Add Netezza data source in IBM Unica Campaign
1. Open IBM Unica Platform and navigate to Settings > Configuration.
2. Navigate to data source in Campaign > partitions > partion1 > dataSources > NetezzaTemplate
3. Configure following properties
4. Now you are good to import tables from Netezza data warehouse