January 23, 2013 by Tahir Akram
How to install Java 6 (Java6_64.sdk) on AIX 6.1?
This tutorial is about installation of Java6 64bit on AIX 6.1 platform.
1. Obtain the installer archive for Java6 64bit (Java6_64.sdk.126.96.36.1995.tar).
2. Extract the tar file in the same directory
tar –xvf Java6_64.sdk.188.8.131.525.tar
You will have Java6_64.sdk. .sdk file is backup/restore format file
3. Enter following commands to start installation of this format
4. Install Software is selected. Press Enter.
5. Enter ./ for Entry Field.
7. Select Accept new license agreements? And press Enter.
8. By default value is no. Press tab to make it yes.
9. Press enter now to start installation.
This will install Java6 on your AIX 64bit platform.